[geeks] OpenSolaris ready for Production?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Mar 3 17:31:12 CST 2009

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:26:17 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I'm not familiar with that usage and can't quite make sense of what it
> would do.  As far as I can see, '/bin/bash -c true' returns true if
> 'true' exists in the current directory and is a character special
> file, which doesn't seem a useful test under the circumstances.

Really?

I always thought it would run the 'true' command (which returns true)
and if the command is successful would run the following command.

I've been using it (specifically "/bin/zsh -c true && exec /bin/zsh")
to "replace" my shell for years.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  sigmonster: core dumped