[geeks] Restoring Yellowed Plastics

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Tue Mar 3 13:38:17 CST 2009

> Here's a cool link that I cam upon today that has a lot of relevance to
> this list.
>
> http://hackaday.com/2009/03/02/restoring-yellowed-computer-plastics/
>
> "retr0brite" is a gel that when applied to yellow plastics restores them
> to their original color. I have a couple of machines that could use
> this, but has anyone actually tried it? (Or done something similar?)

Lots of people online have tried it - it was developed a few months ago.
Vintagecomputing.com has been covering it, both in their forums:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=11877

and on this page, which is a good read:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

(I've been meaning to post those links here, but I kept forgetting...)

- Nate