[geeks] Need UPS manual

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 2 14:58:53 CST 2009

I have lost the manual for my UPS.

It is a Compaq T2000, 1920VA online UPS.

Does anyone have the manual for this in PDF (or could scan it), or
know where I might find it?

I looked everywhere on HP's site and couldn't find anything except
useless quick spec notes on the unit.

Thanks.

Random notes:

This UPS was built in April 1997, and I got it in 2000.  It was sold
as unused old inventory and has been a very good unit.

I just replaced it's batteries which were around 2 years and 4 months
old.

Anyone think I should retire this unit and get a new one?  I would
like a unit where the batteries last longer, like maybe 4 years.
However, it's possible that our crappy Tidewater, VA power grid is why
they only last 2-3 years.

I was wondering if newer units were more efficient transformers and
would make the batteries last longer, and of course they have more
updated communication abilities now.

The only thing is, this is an online true sine-wave unit, and they
tend to be expensive at $800-1000 for a similar unit or pair of half-
size units.

I don't want to replace it unless there are compelling reasons.

Internally, it looks virtually identical to an APC SmartUPS, with the
same transformer and motherboard layout and everything.  Supposedly
Deltec made these units for Compaq though, so I guess that is just
coincidence.  Maybe it is just the best internal layout for this type
of UPS.

A set of 8 6V 12Ah batteries (Werker) was $218 with tax.  My favorite
battery outlet was closed over the weekend and I needed the batteries
immediately.  Normally
"Battery Outlet" sells the same set for $170 or so.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com