[geeks] Getting into a headless eMac

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 29 21:01:26 CDT 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> The manual referred to made it clear that duplicating current desktop
> was the only function possible, but that manual reflects the state of
> the art at a particular historical point in time...

It is the only function exposed by default (the underlying video hardware
supports multiple displays); however, that it can be so easily worked
around is a testament to how powerful and flexible OpenFirmware is.
Change the default video arrangement, add support for new hardware, teach
it how to boot from ZFS, etc.--all using Forth!

> I too found contrary evidence on the net, but I'm hoping that it
> defaults to mirroring the built-in display.

Yep.

--
Jonathan Patschke < "There is great satisfaction in building good tools
Elgin, TX          > for other people to use."