[geeks] Photo Geotagging

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jun 22 11:32:18 CDT 2009

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
" > I agree: maybe pretty tricky -- but awfully neat.
" >
" >   A good idea, and, really, can you believe the kind of stuff that a
" > hobbyist can mail-order these days and put together? Man, science really
" > is cool. :7)
"
" I wonder if that is lost on the kids today (meaning, are we so old
" that these things still amaze us, but for kids it is no big deal). I'm
" old enough to know what it was like to go through school (K-6+8 , in
" 7th grade I had dial-up access to a timeshare system, KSR-33, etc.)
" without access to a computer, music was available on cassettes and 8
" tracks (Ka-Chunk!), and cell phones were something rich folks had
" built into thei cars at great expense...
"
" When I think about it, I am blown away by things like the iPhone/iPod
" Touch...\

maybe we're starting to appreciate how our [grand]parents felt about
color tv...