[geeks] I won't be online for a while

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Jun 17 23:35:39 CDT 2009

Bill Bradford wrote:
> Ironically, this will eventually give me time to finish the ohno upgrade
> that everyone contributed towards back in March.  I've had all the parts
> here, but have lacked the time to finish the boot server and get it
> shipped.
>
> I wanted free time, and a clean house, I just didn't want it like this 8-(

The universe has a way of occasionally doing things like that.  All I
can offer is the words J. Michael Straczynski put into the mouth of
Ranger Marcus Cole:

  "You know, um... I used to think that it was awful that life was so
unfair.  Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair,
and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually
deserve them?  So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.