[geeks] While I'm at it, another Ubunut grouse

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jun 10 15:53:26 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 03:35:18PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, does anyone have a pointer to a good reference for
>> Releasing The Full Power Of OSX?
>
> 1) Install Xcode.
> 2) Set X11.app to run at login.

Almost. There are two versions of X11, the one that you can get from Apple,
and a "better" version you can find on the net.

	http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.3.3

My favorite X command is "/usr/X11R6/bin/X -query hostname -once".

Works on any system that supports XDMCP except Ubuntu with GNOME.

Yes, I have the path correct, the other X installs in X11R6 instead of X11.

While you are at it, put X in another space.
Geoff.