[geeks] Tonight show?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 9 05:07:43 CDT 2009

I don't get to see it right away, I see it delayed, for example, last night
I watched the show aired last Thursday. It takes a few days to send it
over, have it subtitled and then shown here. For some reason, although it
is shot in 16:9, it becomes 4:3 here.

So far, it's been terrible. Obviously, NBC did not want O'Brien to take over
Leno's routines, they are being saved for the 10pm show next fall.

Is it just me, or is it that O'Brien just does not "have it". I never liked
his old show, so I can't really say that the tonight show is the same thing
or not.

Only about half of the material was funny in concept and that was poorly
executed and delivered.

I'm thinking of asking my local DBS company to start showing Leno re-runs.

Any opinions?

Geoff.