[geeks] Photo Geotagging

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 7 20:50:38 CDT 2009

I'd like to start geotagging my photographs when traveling out of the
country.  Does anyone here have a recommendation for a GPS unit that: has
a DE9 EIA-232 connector, talks the "NEMA" protocol, has a rechargeable
battery with a reasonable runtime, and is lightweight enough to clip to a
camera strap without being awkward?

I have a suspicion that Nikon's $45 adapter cable plus a third-party GPS
unit will serve me as well or better than Nikon's GP-1 unit that runs off
the camera's battery.

--
Jonathan Patschke < "There is great satisfaction in building good tools
Elgin, TX          > for other people to use."