[geeks] (a) FETs? (b) current Wien bridge?

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Jun 6 18:20:08 CDT 2009

>> So I set myself the task of working out a current-amplifier analog
>> to a Wien bridge.  After an hour or so of scribbling, I have
>> something that should exhibit negative resistance, but I haven't
>> managed to convert it into anything practical, much less anything
>> practical which should oscillate.  Pointers, anyone?
> I think a circuit that you might be interested is a twin T
> oscillator.  It produces a sinewave output that is pretty stable.

Yeah, twin T and phase-shift are leading contenders.  Another is
something non-sinewave (triangle, square, whatever) with filtering to
pick out just the fundamental.  I'm discovering just how biased my
electronics knowledge is towards digital circuits. :)

The attempt to build something Wien-bridge-like based on a current
amplifier was more in the nature of a theory exercise than an attempt
to build a practical oscillator - though I don't really consider the
theory exercise successful unless I've managed to reduce it to
practice, so....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org