[geeks] q: good source for leather book bag?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jun 3 09:59:56 CDT 2009

gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:44:24AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> My need is basically pens, some notebooks, laptop, cell phone, a few
>> patch cables and keys, and it has to look good, thus the choice of
>> leather (I am otherwise pretty informal; but when you are trying to get
>> new clients in a time of economic uncertainty it makes sense to look
>> presentable).
>
> It depends upon the look you want. If you are going for the "I'm a suit
> like
> you IT consultant who will wow the investors, but leave the company in
> the crapper", go for it.
> If you are looking for the "I'm the geek that you all will hate, but will
> save your ass" look, try something more like a backpack.
> :-)

That's pretty funny!

I am trying to toe a middle line of "this guy is sort of like us, but
nerdier" ...

On the one hand, I don't want to trigger the "Youtube video of Stallman
taking off his shoes and doing something (???) with his foot" ; on the
other hand I don't want to trigger the "his customers are the ones
paying for his fancy stuff" vibe ...

Thankfully Lancaster County is pretty conservative, so it is almost
impossible to be too old-school about things unless I show up in a
cooper's apron after getting out of my horse-drawn haywagon.

--Patrick