[geeks] SPF puzzle?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jun 1 15:36:50 CDT 2009

I changed my primary nameserver recently, and it seems like Thunderbird
didn't get the message.  My new primary nameserver is at 10.24.32.3 (the
old was at 10.24.32.2), but Thunderbird is still apparently trying to
perform SPF lookups via 10.24.32.2.  The only relevant configuration
string I can find is:

spf.host.10.24.32.*	user set	string	trust

Anyone have any clues as to what's going on here?  I thought I'd updated
everything that referred to the old nameserver IP.  At a pinch, I could
make the new server listen on the old IP as well ... but it seems it'd
be better to find the problem.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.