[geeks] Server Suggestions...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:53:06 CST 2009

While we are on this subject hyas anyone got opinion or experience on
the Dell RD1000 cartridge backup system? I think it's just a USB to SATA
bridge in a case with fancy hard drive modules, but as a backup system
I'd hope the cartridges are designed to take shocks better than a bare
unit. IT was just a thought as it's relatively dust tolerant compared to
tapes. We've certainly not got  catalogue of hard disk problems here on
any machines *frantically knocks on wood*

--
Mark Benson
http://markbenson.org/blog