[geeks] Apple Mac Pro Bluetooth, which version?

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 29 00:23:25 CST 2009

Does anyone here know how to tell if an Apple Bluetooth module is
version 1.1 or 2.0 BT standard?

Or better yet, anyone got a picture of a Bluetooth 2.0 module?

My late 2008 Mac Pro did not come with Bluetooth, and I wanted to add
it.

I bought one from Powermax and their product listing said "Bluetooth
2.0-EDR", which is what I wanted.

When it arrived I checked it out and installed it, and it works fine.

However, file transfers are a little slow, so I double-checked the
part numbers:

	ANATEL:0786-05-1993
	Model A1115
	FCC ID: BCGA1115
	IC: 579C-A1115

The PCB is blue.  A picture is here:

http://users.757.org/~csh/images/bluetooth_mac_pro.jpg

The reason I question this is I found a site that says this is a
Bluetooth 1.1 module, which is slower and not quite as good at making
connections.

It's possible I just have slow BT devices, but I want to make sure I
got the right module.

Any information or pointers appreciated.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com