[geeks] Tek/Xerox Phaser 740 - need parts

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 05:28:25 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

a friend of mine has a problem with his Tektronix (=Xerox) Phaser 740 color laser printer, which I had picked up, relieved of a very nasty paper jam and sold to him some time ago.

The heat-resistant, non-sticking rubber sleeve of the Upper Fuser Roller (the thing that revolves around the fuser lamp) has developed severe cracking and pitting of the surface despite the fuser unit still shows 91% of life remaining. However I do not see any discolo(u)ration or other evidence that the thing got too hot.

As it would be a waste of good money and resources to replace the fuser unit as a whole now (there is a counter E2PROM inside which will dictate its replacement when it "should be exhausted" anyway), we're looking for either a good fuser roller out of a fuser unit which broke in some other way (or just reached its designed-in life), or a replacement sleeve to put on the roller.

Even though Tektronix (of course) doesn't recommend replacing anything short of the whole unit, I was told that the roller of a Phaser 590 or 750 would do as well.

We're located in Germany, Europe btw.

Thanks everybody in advance, yours sincerely

Arno Kletzander
--
Arno Kletzander
Student Assistant // Studentische Hilfskraft

Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehvrt? Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger