[geeks] Level monitoring

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Jan 21 15:21:39 CST 2009

>> Does anyone have any good, practical suggestions for how to remotely
>> monitor and log the propane level in an outside propane tank?

Given the limitations you've cited, I can't think of any.  I'd probably
go for the camera watching the gauge; image recognition is a whole lot
easier when you have a severely constrained problem space and can just
yell for help when something unexpected shows up.

> There are Wifi-compatible industrial instrumentation and control
> devices out there.  It should be possible to rig one to a pressure
> sensor.

Yessss...but isn't the pressure basically constant as long as there is
still some liquid left in the tank?  Or are large propane tanks not
normally filled to sufficient pressure to have liquid in them?  Or am I
just wrong about the constant-pressure thing?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org