[geeks] Twitter?

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:00:42 CST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:26:26AM -0800, Rick Hamell wrote:
>> Which is one of the reasons I use it. To manage my online identity. I
>> have a fairly uncommon name (and spelling) so Google brings me up
>> pretty
>> quickly. Until about a year ago, it still brought up some rather
>> unflattering news group posts (from '97) I felt could hurt my
>> employment
>> chances.
>
> If they are/were on Google Groups, Google actually has a way to
> remove old
> posts that you don't want in their archives.  I did quite a lot of
> this a
> few years ago.
>
> http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46493

I have the opposite problem.  A famous romance author has the same
name as myself, so I am lost in the noise.  I chose not to try to
"brand" myself by getting a name-based domain, as it felt like it
would be a never-ending SEO battle to get on page 1.

I haven't googled myself lately to see what shows up on page 2 and
later, but probably should.

=N=