[geeks] Impressive...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 19:28:49 CST 2009

I jus wanted to let you folks know I installed Solaris 10 x86 on my
Little Falls 2 machine today as an experiment. While I had a few
initial problems (had to set Xorg to VESA, and install a 3c905 LAN
card in the PCI slot) I've got it up and running. It's very
impressive. Because it's a dual core with HT it's running with 4
threads and as everyone knows Solaris loves lots of threads to play
with :)

It's nice to use and the video is acceptable in JDS3 at 1600x1200 for
non-3D desktop use. I'd like to get the GMA950 graphics to work but
they don't seem to want to, despite m installing the recent Xorg patch
that is supposed to support them.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: