[geeks] Google Irritation

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Feb 26 10:54:55 CST 2009

der Mouse wrote:
> It makes a little more sense when you remember that their customers,
> the people they optimize for the happiness of, are advertiers, not
> searchers, but it's still pretty egregious; I'd think even advertisers
> could grok that there is such a thing as undesirable attention, but
> apparently not.  I certainly know that if I were a Web business, I'd
> rather be unknown than known as "that damn site that keeps bullying its
> way into my search results".  It's true that brand awareness can
> outweigh negative affect, but only to a point....

Afterthought:  I wish I knew of an easy and no-cost-to-me way to let
specific advertisers know, in a manner they'd pay attention to, that I
actively boycott their products because I find their advertising
offensive.  (Which usually means "Their advertising agency apparently
assumes I'm a drooling idiot.")

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.