[geeks] Google Irritation

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Feb 26 09:58:58 CST 2009

> it's in google's interest to suppress your reaction and just count
> your eyeballs.  makes their numbers look better.

It's in their immediate-term interest, but not their longer-term
interest.  I'm a little surprised and a little discouraged they don't
seem to realize this.  It's basically the same problem as hiring
spammers to advertise for you: getting your name in front of a lot of
eyeballs is _not_ a good thing if their reactions are sufficiently
negative.

Perhaps I'm just unusual in how strong my negative reaction to having
stuff I've specifically requested I not get imposed on me is.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org