[geeks] favorite mp3 splitter/joiner/editor?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Feb 25 16:58:37 CST 2009

" From: nate at portents.com
"
" > " Re-rip the audio book as either AIFF or WAV (iTunes -> Preferences ->
" > " General -> Import Settings) so you have uncompressed source files.
" >
" > i don't have the space - not for 12 cds	;^<
"
" Really?  That's only like 10GB of data...

i'm working on a notebook with only a 20G drive, and it's already half
full.  and my mac's whole drive is only 6G.  i'd -like- to increase
it...

" but even then, you don't need to
" rip all the CDs as AIFF or WAV first, you could rip the first CD, join
" most of the uncompressed audio tracks, encode them however you like
" (iTunes works fine for that), tag them, delete the original uncompressed
" audio files except maybe the last track(s) on the CD if they form part of
" a chapter on the next CD, rip the next CD to AIFF or WAV and continue the
" process, no?

this belatedly occurred to me also, after my reply.