[geeks] Google Irritation

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 01:48:06 CST 2009

On 24 Feb 2009, at 19:31, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Is there any way to prevent Google from "correcting" my spelling?
> I'm trying to search for something, and it keeps searching for what
> it "thinks" I'm searching for.

AFAIK it only does a search for something it thinks is more correct if
it doesn't find any results for what you typed in, otherwise it subtly
suggests in big bold blue letters you typed it wrong, but finds what
you typed in... Or at least that's how I took it to work.

I have noticed for somethings I've typo'd that it includes results for
the typo and the correct spelling though.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>