[geeks] favorite mp3 splitter/joiner/editor?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Feb 24 19:08:49 CST 2009

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > anyone have a suggestion?
" >
" > []
" >
" > my budget closely approximates $0.  my platform is xp, with osx 10.3
" > possible.  an editor that works at the mp3 frame level is fine; i
" > don't need to monkey with the audio, just split and join files.
" >
" > []
"
" Usually, I use command-line tools to concatenate entire audiobooks into
" one long audio file, then I insert breaks wherever I want them using an
" audio editing suite.

but i don't have an audio editing suite and can't afford one.  and
since mp3 isn't lossless, i don't want to uncode and recode just for
my relatively trivial needs.