[geeks] Google Irritation

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:15:50 CST 2009

Michael Parson wrote:
>>> That's strange ... it'll tell me that I should really be searching for
>>> what it thinks the word should be spelt as ("Did you mean: Color
>>> bits" (bloody cheek ... that's a spelling issue in itself here)), but
>>> goes ahead and searches for the "bad" spelling anyway. There didn't
>>> seem to be any options to change this behaviour that I could see.
>>
>> Try searching for "atlast".  8-(
>
> I did:
>
> atlast -"at last"

Anthony gave me a workable solution, but it would have been thoroughly
unacceptable to have been forced to use your suggestion.  If this was
the only possible solution, in my mind, Google Search could be labeled
as broken.

It's borderline counterintuitive garbage even taking into account
Anthony's solution.

Peace...  Sridhar