[geeks] New email archiving help

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:46:49 CST 2009

Phil wrote, "...you might as well just write something to split it on
the separators and emit the result in something straightforward like,
say, mbox format." Emininently logical. I will call it...The Wheel! :7)

   OK cheap shot maybe, but I was hoping to avoid that much work. Still,
as you noted, these are pretty much irreplaceable, so maybe I ought to
try. I believe there's a Perl::Mail module or something like that, so I
guess it's finally time to Master Perl...like this weekend.

   I am embarassed to admit I never thought of Mike's idea, to import
them into Eudora again. *smites forehead* (But truth be told, I never
thought to use Eudora since about 1996.)

   Thanks for the feedback, all. I'll let you know how I make out!

- Will
P.S. Keep the suggestions coming.
P.P.S. I see that my post is now the top Google hit for "email archive
+uses 74 equals" which doesn't make me feel very good. :7)

--
Will Enestvedt