[geeks] New email archiving help

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Feb 20 13:54:06 CST 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:17:10 -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    I have a .txt file for each year. Is there a litmus test to see
> whether these really are Eudora files?

See if they can load into Eudora ?

> Is there some other converter I

There's :-

	http://eudora2unix.sourceforge.net/details.html

However you earlier referred to inter-message markers as 74 equals
signs, which doesn't (from the very brief refresh of rusty neurons)
seem very much like a Eudora mailbox format. Some funky variant ?

It would be fairly easy to write something to remove those equal signs
and you *might* get something more like an mbox file as a result. Or at
least something that the tool at the above URL will handle.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 The man