[geeks] opensolaris! Where do we start :)

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:41:35 CST 2009

Hi,

I got hold of another couple of sun ultra10 boxen, and I thought this
would be a good opportunity to learn something about Solaris. I
installed SXCE on one of them, and I thought about trying that
"Indiana" thing on another, but it seems to be only x86 atm.  I
thought Solaris was supposed to be a Sparc operating system in the
first place.

So, I guess I'll try out SXCE first. But I don't know the first thing
about it and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a good starting
point. So, what gentle introduction does a Solaris newbie like me need
to read?

--
Frank Van Damme

"Anyone can sit down and write some boring artistic song. Pop music is
the hardest shit to write."

- Britney Spears.