[geeks] favorite im client?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Feb 11 14:44:03 CST 2009

> It may not even be routing; it may be storage. One of the tricks to
> teh GOOG's architecture is that they do things all different from
> everyone else. Therefore, I'm sure there is a jonathan.katz at gmail.com
> "filesystem" of sorts... maybe there is a filesystem "driver" error
> that let's me get the occasional mail for jonathankatz at gmail.com.
>
> My wife has a similar e-mail address, first.last at gmail.com and for a
> few months she seemed to get ALL of firstlast at gmail.com's e-mail,
> including some very torrid and graphic e-mails of a personal nature!

Hmm... I've been assuming all this time that the gmail messages I've been
getting that were intended for other (similarly named) people were due to
user error, since a few had an address in the body of the message that was
slightly different than mine, which seemed to indicate sender error.  It
would be slightly disturbing if this was some sort of design flaw on
google's part.

- nate