[geeks] favorite im client?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:40:14 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:28 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> So they ignore dots in the local-part, then (as we've heard) give out
> email addresses that differ only in dots in the local-part.
>
> Does this sound to anyone else like a recipe for disaster?

Not really. Given that they all route to the same mailbox you can't (one
would hope) have 'fred.blogs' and 'fredblogs' assigned to different
people's Google Accounts. it also means that it doesn't matter if Fred
Blogs misses the dot out of their e-mail address or not.

What else is wrong with that?
--
Mark Benson
http://markbenson.org/blog