[geeks] 139556-08

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:46:11 CST 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
> Just wondering ... has anyone here ever gotten Solaris 10 x86 patch
> 139556-08 to SUCCESSFULLY apply?

Looks like none of the kernel patches I've applied since April
successfully updated /lib/libc.so.1, but the system didn't show the
"normal" symptom of this--kernel panic and failure to boot.  I
discovered it after the latest round of patching b/c java would not
run, throwing an out of swap error.

showrev -p thought the patches *did* apply successfully (should submit
that as a bug).

I backed out all the patches from the last kernel update onwards
manually, then reversed the order and re-patched.  Now I go right to
the "grub>" prompt, so apparently one of the patches frakked up my
grub.  Reading, there's also some suggestion that if you add a disk to
the zfs rootpool as a mirror after doing the install on a single-disk
zpool, you have to manually update the grub and friends on the second
disk of the mirror.

Spiffy.  I guess Sun is telling me I need to get with the program and
learn Live Upgrade.

=Nadine=