[geeks] Just checking ...

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Thu Dec 24 12:14:09 CST 2009

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Just as a sanity check:  An LTO2 drive SHOULD read and write LTO1 media
> as well as LTO2 media, right?  Or as a more general statement, an LTOn
> drive should read and write LTOx media for x=1..n?

   A LTO2 drive should be able to R/W LTO1 media. But I seem to remember
when I got my LTO3 drives that they can R/W LTO2, but only read LTO1
media.

   You'll need to double check the drive's specs to be sure.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

"Michael Jackson has touched so many, and I'm not just talking about the children......"