[geeks] food geekery question

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Dec 22 09:05:06 CST 2009

gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Here is the web page to the current Hobart small mixer:
>
> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/food-prep/mixers/n50-5-quart-mixer/

The N50 is about $1600 to $2000 USD including shipping if bought new.
No doubt a great mixer but a little out of my price range at the moment.

Am tending towards the KitchenAid Pro 600 at the moment ($335 or so at
Amazon) , supposed to have an all-metal housing and gearbox - they used
to use plastic but are now replacing any plastic pieces that fail with
metal; supposedly the Pro dough hook is better than the Artisan and
lower-end models.

Would however like to have a longer warranty.

May stop by a restaurant supply store nearby and try to find what they
sell that is not Hobart (Waring Pro?  Viking?) ...

(I must add, I am quite impressed by the quality of the other postings
on this thread...)

--Patrick