[geeks] OT Question - workhorse laptop

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Dec 16 20:37:27 CST 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> I'm looking to get a new 'workhorse' laptop, and I find myself looking
>> at two HP laptops, but I've no history with their HW - so I'm looking
>> for feedback on the brand and these two lines of laptops.

You may be interested in this:

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/

"Synopsis: SquareTrade analyzed failure rates for over 30,000 new laptop
computers covered by SquareTrade Laptop Warranty plans and found that
one-third of all laptops will fail within 3 years."

"In terms of brands, ASUS & Toshiba stood out as the most reliable
manufacturers; while Acer, Gateway & HP had failure rates significantly
higher than the average."

     -Dan Sikorski