[geeks] p4 processor spec q

Nate nate at portents.com
Tue Dec 15 23:28:08 CST 2009

> aha!  so 'e' basically just means 'prescott' - just the 90nm process,
> or 130nm also?  what about p4 extreme editions?

In Intel parlance, core names correspond to a given process (130nm, 90nm,
etc.) so there is no such thing as a 130nm Prescott, only 90nm Prescott.

P4 Extreme Edition is a derivative of Northwood called Gallatin, it has the
same relatively efficient 20-stage pipeline (rather than the 31-stage pipeline
of Prescott), with an additional L3 cache, still on a 130nm process.

Wikipedia has an ok chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Pentium_4_microprocessors

> idle curiosity, since none are in s478 pkg - what's the 65nm name?

I think you're asking "what is the name of the 65nm family of Pentium 4
processors for LGA 775 sockets?", right?  That would be Cedar Mill.