[geeks] FS: Geeky stuff

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Dec 10 09:44:48 CST 2009

Cleaning out the closet again..

For sale:

- One Wikireader (http://thewikireader.com/).  Bought it, it's neat, but
  now I have free Wikipedia access on my Kindle2.  $55 shipped.

- MaxTerm 8300 thin client (low-power Via C3 MicroATX system) rebuilt into
  a CF-based router/firewall (two Ethernet interfaces - one an Intel PCI
  10/100 card)

I'll install pfSense 1.2.3-RELEASE, m0n0wall, or whatever "appliance"
distribution you like.  The CF reader is on the IDE bus; you can replace it
with a HD if you like.  $55 shipped.

  I did a big writeup on these:
http://weblog.mrbill.net/archives/2009/07/26/building-the-perfect-routerfirewall-for-45/

- Netgear WNR834B Wireless-N router/AP.
http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessNRoutersandGateways/WNR834B.aspx

I have two of these available, newly refurbished in the box.  Will install latest release of DD-WRT if you like.  I bought four of them to use as wireless bridges but have now just decided to run Cat5 through the house.  The NetGear units work great running DD-WRT; I've still got one on my bedroom media player that runs almost 24/7.  $45 shipped.

Email if interested..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford