[geeks] Source for Galileoscope?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Dec 2 14:16:38 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 03:11:34PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>Or, if you have the time and feel that size matters, there is the SF
>Sidewalk Astronomer's do-it-yourself approach:
>
>http://www.sfsidewalkastronomers.org/index.php?page=building-telescopes

Does Edmund's still sell those telescope kits? Many friends of mine built them
from kits, but I think they all used pre-made mirrors. The largest was an
eight inch.

I remember being in high school (circa 1970) and going to Edmund's with a
friend (it was about a 40 minute drive from where I lived). Playing with
the periscope and looking around the back room where they sold optical
and other bargins.

Geoff.