[geeks] Source for Galileoscope?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Dec 2 10:46:53 CST 2009

(Slow dad/Christmas gift question -- sorry.)

   Does anyone know a place to get a Galileoscope kit that will actually
arrive before Christmas?
       https://www.galileoscope.org/gs/

   "The Galileoscope(tm) is a high-quality, low-cost telescope kit
developed for the International Year of Astronomy 2009
<http://www.astronomy2009.org/>  by a team of leading astronomers,
optical engineers, and science educators." It's twenty bucks, and it
gets very complimentary coverage.

   The source seems to have run out some time this year (late summer or
fall) and won't have another batch in until January or February. I am
willing to wait that long, but I would love to get one of these for my
kids. The sole current EBay auction is already over $30 + postage, and I
expect it to go way up before it ends. :7(

   THank you *very* much for any suggesteions of vendors.

- Will
P.S. My wife isn't a d0rk like myself, but even she got excited by this
kit. And how can I not want to encourage the curiousity of an adult
*and* my kids?!
--
Will Enestvedt
wenestvedt at jwu.edu