[geeks] Waterproof Keyboard

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Dec 1 15:08:55 CST 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> Funny this would come up, I've recently picked Walter Issacson's
>> Biography of Benjamin Franklin back up after reading half and putting it
>> down for a year or two. I don't recall anything about him being in the
>> bathtub with the lid, that might have been in the first half of the
>> book, but there was a description of him playing chess with a married
>> woman in her bathtub with such a cover on it while he was in Paris in
>> the 1760-70's. As I recall, in letters between the two of them, they
>> discussed her being in a tub with such a cover for hours on end.
>
> I'm surprised they didn't just dispense with the lid.  After all,
> Franklin was the mac daddy.

It became clear that even though the woman had an unfaithful husband,
she was unwilling to be unfaithful to him.  Franklin soon shifted his
attention to a widow.  I don't recall the names, and the book is on my
coffee table at home, but yes, he was definitely a ladies' man.  This
was just before returning to America and the drafting of the Declaration
of Independence, as I recall.

    -Dan Sikorski