[geeks] Waterproof Keyboard

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:37:04 CST 2009

Mike Meredith wrote:
>>> washable keyboard (J84-2800) which claims to be tactile. Cherry
>>
>> My main concern with the keyboards described as "washable" is that
>> many of them are rated only against spill.  I'm planning on using
>> this keyboard in the bath.
>
> As you've found a different one, it probably doesn't matter but it also
> claims to be submersible - it's a medical keyboard where 'washing'
> could involve considerable amounts of water :)

Pretty much all the "washable" ones are submersible.  It's the ones that
are rated to be submerged while being used which are fairly rare.
Actually, that's not even true.  It's ones that are rated to be
submerged while being used AND have tactile feedback anywhere near full
key travel, which are rare.

Peace...  Sridhar