[geeks] Storedge 3310 as NAS box?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Aug 13 12:13:56 CDT 2009

We have a few 3310s, though without the NAS part. As they said in
"Kentucky Fried Movie," "We give it the finger!"

   Here's an example: the array had a drive failure so an alarm starts
beeping. The array's firmware lacks the `mute` command shipped in later
versions. The little button that otherwise quiets the shrieking was
under a weak piece of plastic trim that, when it broke off (upon
loosening the lock to...oh, never mind) also knocked off the button! The
array has been beeping for WEEKS since it's on a production system that
we can't take offline for the firmware upgrade. *rolls eyes*

   Dual controllers are nice, yes, but I just don't like them, and Sun
FEs give them dirty looks, too.

   They were actually put together by an outfit called Dot Hill.

   Just a data point, since no one else appears to have replied.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt