[geeks] the end of the internet as we know it.

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Aug 6 18:20:43 CDT 2009

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> "
> " Rarely do we ever need more law, we just need to start enforcing what
> " we have or get rid of it.
>
> but the more law you have, the more complicated and confusing the
> enforcement issue is and the harder to ascertain that dubious acts
> aren't somehow allowed, which would delight certain interested
> parties [and their lawyers] greatly i'm sure...

I've been saying for many years, it's time to pile the Federal Register,
the US Code and the various state codes up on a spot of waste land
somewhere, burn it, and start over, like the Althing used to every year.
 Those Vikings were pretty shrewd; the Althing got to keep as many laws
as its members could correctly recall and write down from memory in 24
hours.  Everything else?  If you couldn't remember it, it couldn't have
been very important, could it?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.