[geeks] IOGear CS176* KVMs?

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:17:50 CDT 2009

A couple years back there was a big discussion about USB/DVI KVMs here
on the list and a few of you mentioned having good experiences with this
series of KVMs (and it's ATEN branded brethren). Would those of you that
have used these still recommend them? I need a USB/DVI KVM[0] for the
refurb Mac Mini that's headed my way, and just want to make sure this is
still my best option.

[0]: Okay, so I don't /need/ one; I could just pick up a mini-DVI to VGA
adapter, or plug it into the DVI input on my monitor and use the KVM to
switch kb/mouse between systems and switch inputs on my LCD to change
which system is displayed. But I have been considering getting a USB/DVI
KVM for a while, and now I've got a good excuse. :)