[geeks] the end of the internet as we know it.

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 4 14:44:23 CDT 2009

" From: Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
"
" On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:
"
"
" > I could definitely get behind that.  I don't care how much simpler it
" > made the legal paperwork at the time, a corporation IS NOT A PERSON and
" > does not have a person's rights.

but the legal construct of 'corporation' was devised to give companies
some of the rights and responsibilities of people, hence the name.  it
should not extend to shielding mgmt from the consequences of patently
antisocial, not to say illegal, action.

" I'd like to see someone attempt to marry a corporation in a location where
" the government recognizes marriage "between two persons, regardless of
" gender" as a form of civil disobedience.

maybe 2 corps, as a sort of trial merger.  if it doesn't work out they
can divorce and one can sue the other under communal property laws...
how do you define 'infidelity' under the circumstances?  'alienation
of affection'?