[geeks] Continuing Adult Education

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Apr 14 12:09:10 CDT 2009

> For the record, University of Phoenix is right out. In my area their
> reputation is only slightly above ITT, and after dealing with them 2-3
> years ago in an attempt to get a CS Degree, I was not impressed with
> the
> company as a whole.

I'm actually enrolled at U of PHX right now and having a blast. I've
been taking classes with them since Sept. I figured since I already
have a career in IT I don't need CS. I'm going ahead to get my degree
in psychology. They accepted 90% my transfer credits from when I was
18 and in a real college so I should have my bachelors in psychology
by January 2011. As someone who is a traveling consultant type and
living out of hotel rooms it makes good sense for me. Instead of mind-
numbing TV in the hotel at night I "go to school" and do homework.

Another place that is reasonable, depending on the exchange rate, is
the University of London. http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk/ ...
University of London degree. I was thinking about a Masters in Economy
after I'm done with my bachelor's and was joking looking at the LSE
distance learning, except LSE doesn't offer graduate degrees for
distance learning.

-Jon