[geeks] [rant] New rebate "checks"

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Apr 14 08:41:16 CDT 2009

" From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
"
" Lionel Peterson wrote:
" > I've bought a few "after rebate" deals, and more and more often, instead
" > of sending me a check for the rebate amount they send me "debit cards" -
" > WTF?
" >
" > It is annoying to find ways to get rid of $10 charge cards, for example,
" > unless I go to a restaurant and can ask the waitress to just put $10 on
" > the card...
" >
"
" Has not happened to me, I would probably just use them at gas stations.
"
" Remember they are sending you the debit card because when you use it
" they get additional marketing info about where you shop.

i wonder if they're good at atm machines?  or if your bank could
'unload' the card?