[geeks] Solaris install with Jumpstart

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Apr 12 09:05:51 CDT 2009

On Apr 12, 2009, at 4:34 AM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> What worked for me is saying the hell with it and buying an
> external DVD burner to install with.
>
> Solaris Jumpstart is like spending three days hooking 20 horses up
> to a grocery buggy so you can buy a gallon of milk.
>
> Everyone else just carries the milk in their hands.
>
> 	:)
>
> Having said that, I would like to eventually figure out how to get
> it running, so for now I have saved my Jumpstart setup and will
> revisit it at a later date.

I'm sorry it is so difficult for you.

When I finally bit the bullet and set up jumpstart, the entire thing
from looking up the two guides MrBill posted through having a working
new install was significantly faster than doing a CD install would
have been.

If it was as hard for me as it was for you, I probably would have
ordered a DVD drive and put the machine aside until the drive arrived.