[geeks] Anyone use Subversion?

Jay Monkman jtm-geeks at smoothsmoothie.com
Tue Apr 7 12:12:29 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 12:03:27PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Is this anywhere close to a typical svn experience?  Because if it is, I
> have to say that on the basis of this experience, I cannot possibly
> consider svn to be ready for production use.

None of that sounds typical. At least not for me, and I've been using SVN on several
Debian systems for more than 5 years. I've also used it on Windows and other
Linux distros.

>From what I found on the web, the entropy problem is caused libapr. I would have
expected it to be built to use /dev/urandom on Linux. I believe that it's a configure
option.

Did you restart apache or svnserve after changing the /dev/random link?

I don't know why your .svn directories would have gotten corrupted.