[geeks] Solaris 10 U6: install failure

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Apr 6 11:43:20 CDT 2009

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Sorry, I mean to say "without a Sun or Solaris machine".
>
> I tried once before to make a Jumpstart server with FreeBSD, but was
> never able to make it work after messing with it a few hours.  Really
> hate to go down that path again.

Yeah, I tried doing it from OpenBSD once and could never quite make it
work.  I could get it to work right up until, if memory serves, the
point where it tried to load and start its kernel from the jumpstart
server, then it would immediately panic.  I never managed to get enough
diagnostic information out of it to figure out what precisely was
causing the panic, beyond an unconfirmed suspicion that it was something
to do with the underlying filesystem.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.