[geeks] Solaris 10 U6: install failure

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 6 00:34:17 CDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 20:29 , William Enestvedt wrote:

> Anything on your network you could use as a boot server, or even to
> share out
> the DVD via NFS?

I have no idea how to create a Jumpstart server, if that is what you
mean.

I have:

	1 Mac Pro
	1 "Wintendo" running Windows XP, sometimes FreeBSD
	1 Dell T105 server
	numerous embedded systems

I got rid of most of my stuff last year and replaced all my servers
with just the T105.

The Mac could serve NFS, but I'm not sure how that would help.

Can you start the install from the DVD, but install from NFS instead
of the DVD media or something?

>   I know the installer should take a FLAR, but that doesn't help you
> any.
> :7(

What is a FLAR?