[geeks] Global warming, was Mr Bill?

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Sep 23 23:08:09 CDT 2008

From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>

> wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > Fossil fuels (and nuclear) are not sustainable.
>
> Nuclear is sustainable.  Hydrogen fusion power fits the definition of
> "nuclear power".
>
> Hell, fission is sustainable enough for most purposes.  It's far more
> fuel-efficient than fossil-fuels.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

We haven't gotten fusion to work yet so I left it out of the equation.  Uranium is in limited supply like fossil fuels.  We just haven't begun using it in any large amounts.  Even fusion has an estimated source of deuterium (assuming that is what is used) of about 2500 years, and will get harder to extract as it is used.

Bob